- Category: Computer
- Author: Neil Smyth
Read and download free eBook intituled Ubuntu 10.x Essentials in format created by Neil Smyth.
According to Linux.org, there are over 200 different Linux distributions available. Many of these are actively maintained and have a loyal following, and some less so. Some Linux distributions are quite new and some have been around for a very long time. One Linux distribution that has appeared relatively recently is Ubuntu. Despite being a relative newcomer to the Linux landscape, Ubuntu has very quickly gained prominence in what is clearly a very crowded field. Ubuntu routinely tops the Linux distribution page ranking on DistroWatch.com, and has been selected by Dell and other vendors as the Linux to be pre-installed in select systems. Perhaps the most significant achievement for Ubuntu, however, is that it is popular not just to Linux novices, but also with Linux experts, a group of people known for being highly discerning and critical.
The purpose of this book is to provide an overview of the essential knowledge required to use and maintain an Ubuntu system. From the basics of installation, configuring the desktop and implementing wireless networking through to tasks such as configuring firewalls, setting up a web server, adding disk drives and swap space, configuring KVM based virtualization and providing remote desktop access via an SSH tunnel, Ubuntu Essentials takes a step by step approach to installing, using and administering Ubuntu. In addition, you will
- Learn how to customize Ubuntu for home, small business, school, government, and enterprise environments
- Learn how to quickly update Ubuntu to new release versions and upgraded applications
- Find up-to-the-minute troubleshooting advice from Ubuntu users worldwide from forums and other means to get the help you need quickly
- Learn Ubuntu Server installation and administration, including LVM and RAID implementation
- Learn how to install Ubuntu on a netbook
Read and Download Links: