- Category: Computer
- Author: Leif Madsen, Russell Bryant
- Pages: : 66 pages
- Size: Online
Read and download free eBook intituled O’Reilly® Asterisk Cookbook in format PDF – : 66 pages created by Leif Madsen, Russell Bryant.
A few years ago, we said that Asterisk was the future of telephony. That’s no longer true. Asterisk is the present of telephony.
Asterisk has a wealth of features to help you customize your PBX to fill very specific business needs. This short cookbook offers recipes for tackling dialplan fundamentals, making and controlling calls, and monitoring channels in your PBX environment. Each recipe includes a simple code solution you can put to work immediately, along with a detailed discussion that offers insight into why and how the recipe works.
This book is a collection of recipes for building and managing Asterisk servers for VoIP, analog telephony and more, on scales ranging from home to the enterprise:
- Skype for Asterisk
- Fax capabilities (T.38)
- Clustering with Open AIS
- Jabber integration and XMPP
- Heartbeat cluster infrastructure (LinuxHA, failover)
- ISN and ENUM — methods of circumventing the PSTN by dialing SIP URIs with numbers
- Security profile for Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
Read and Download Links: